Saturday 23 July 2011

FLAKERS FUN MORNING :)



Hi All,

What a great morning!!  I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did.  The only let down was I did not get to run, but there will be no stopping me for the next run.   We saw some great results this morning, I know Wendy did a 5k PB and I am guessing a few other did as well.  I have put the times above and it will be great to look back on these after the next time trial in 8 weeks.  It was really fun watching it from a timing perspective and seeing everybody pushing to the finish line.  I especially liked the sprint finish between Maria and Gayle!  It was very exciting.  Loved seeing all the Flakers singlets out and I am sure a lot of people were wondering what on earth was going on :) 

I just wanted to thank everyone for this morning.  A special mention to Tricia McGuigan for helping me with the timing and handing out the place cards. Also a big THANK YOU to Lance and Gayle for bringing along the coffee machine how posh were we :)  and not to forget Wendy for the flakes, Jo for the muffins and whoever else put food out on the table to share we sure had enough!!  Thanks also to Robert for being official bread butterer.  Thank you to Wayne for being packer/unpacker/setter upper/chef and every other job in between.   

Who would of thought 8 weeks ago when we started with just this small idea of doing a Sunday run that it would grow this big and still growing by the minute.  Loved having new members Carly and Alex  and Kelvin along and also Kerri-Anne who was out for their first run with the Flakers. 

Also there were a few people out that did the 3k and a few walkers/runners great to see these beginners out and getting stronger each week.  Would love to hear any feedback from the event or ideas for the club so please see free to email any thoughts to flakersrun@hotmail.com or put a comment on here.  

Nic

2 comments:

  1. A HUGE thanks to the Fels' (again). You guys are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Would not have been such a great morning without everyones support and help!!Nic

    ReplyDelete